Friday, March 4, 2011

2-18-11

Hows it going? Everything is going good here, time is flying be even faster now that my scheduale has changed up a little bit. So i just barely got your e mail dad and i will hurry and answer your questions right now... there are just 2 assistants, my companion and i, so if i get transfered that means i wont be assistant anymore. This transfer is half way over so i am hoping to just stay one more after this one and then go to another area. Its not all that fun being in the mission office so i would hate to end my mission like that, but im almost positive i wont.

This week was really fun, i finally got to go to fogo for the first time this last tuesday and wednesday!!! It was even better than i expected there, if i could pick my last area to serve in it would be there or brava which is the little island right across from it. I dont have my pictures with me here but i will send them next time. Flying over it was cool, it looks just like a giant cone sticking right out of the ocean and i could see right into the crater. We just went to the main city there this time, são filipe, but it was really nice and peaceful and also really clean. The also have a lot more american foods there cause almost everyone there has family in america. It was cool to go out and teach there though and it was kinda hard to come back when we had too.

I also found out a bit of imformation about the mission that is kinda on the down low. Nobody in the mission is supposed to know this yet because it hasnt been announced in the church as of now, but our president told me and my companion who the new mission president is going to be starting in july. It is the Oliveira´s and they are brazilian but i guess have lived in Bountiful for a long time now. It should be good cause they will speak portuguese and english really well. It doesnt matter a whole lot to me cause i will only have a couple weeks with him and then will be leaving, pretty much the only thing ill have to do with him is my last mission interview and our farewell dinner but it will still be cool.

So thats about the news of the mission, not a whole lot is new. Here in our area it is extremely easy to find people to teach and get in peoples houses, but really hard to find anyone that actually wants to do something. It is a little different from Mindelo. And thanks for taking care of the drivers license, just get it here as soon as possible cause i will need it soon. I hope everthing is going good for ya guys though. Thanks for everything and have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment