Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dec 14, 2009

> Hey everyone whats up?
I have to send all of the numbers to the mission home and it took forever for me to figure out how to do it but I know how now so I wont have anymore problems. So this week has been pretty good though, we worked really hard so it flew by. I dont really relate to my companion all that much... he doesnt speak any english and he is a 25 year old nurse. He is also really proper with everything and really clean, but I cant complain cause our house is always clean. He also works hard so its pretty fun, we are having a lot more lessons now and finding lots of new people to teach. We have a couple baptisms coming up not this week but the next too and hopefully we will have a bunch more in January. That rapper (Dí) is progressing better than any other investigator of ours. We talked with him about the word of wisdom and he said he had a huge coffee problem, but ever since we talked about it he hasnt touched it and is still coming to church and everything. He will be baptized at the start of January but he is really cool. We also had an interesting lesson yesterday... it was just out on the street with this lady we have been talking with a little bit. But during the lesson this really old lady came up to us and kneeled down right in front of me and started asking me for money. I told her I didnt have any but she just stayed there anyways asking but she wasnt making any sense at all and she kept calling me "papa" and telling me that she needed money to take a ship to Angola Africa but after that she started saying she needed tobaccoo. Well we just ignored her and kept teaching but after a little while she started cleaning my pants with her hands while saying "Papa, I need 10 escudos (8 cents) to buy tobaccoo for my mouth. I kept saying that I wasnt papa and i didnt have money but she kept saying "no, you are papa and you have money. It was really strange but kinda funny at the same time, the member that was teaching with us was just laughing the whole time and i was just trying to ignore her but it was hard not to laugh. I think this is the only mission in the world where we have distractions like that during our lessons, but we just kept on teaching anyways. There are lots of cooky people here but it makes life interesting and funny. Yesterday there was also a really big bull right next to the main street eating trash and roaming around. All the animals here eat trash, and then I eat the animals so I guess you could say I am literally eating junk food. Things are still going really good here and time is passing by way fast. I am pretty much accustomed to life here and it just feels like this is normal life for me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment