Monday, January 18, 2010

Jan 18, 2010

So we have transfers here and i got kinda a surprise. I was planned to go to Assomada to serve which is a really cool area, but the president switched everything two days before the transfers so i got changed. Now I am just in a different area in Praia and I am Zone leader. It was kinda disappointing to stay here in Praia but oh well, it happens. My companion is elder wardell from bountiful, finally an American!! And I already know our area almost perfectly cause i live there. I wont even switch apartments, i just go from my old room to the other door. Its cool though cause after this area i wont have to worry about coming back to praia, i will for sure get transferred to a new island and hopefully fogo! The work will be really good in this area though. I was excited for assomada though just cause its so different, its really green and lots of trees, and during the winter (this time) it actually gets really cold, its also surrounded by mountain peaks... it would have been awesome but i still have plenty more time. Praia is starting to get really hot again though, our winter is over. It was always hot during the winter too, but now its just getting worse. So not a whole lot is new though, just the same old stuff. We had a baptism last week from one of our nigerians which was good... my old area should be getting a lot more this transfer too. Besides that i cant really think of any good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment