Monday, November 8, 2010

10-18 Letter Home

I guess i will just jump right down into it and let you guys know what happened. So we had a general authority come visit us on Friday which was the highlight of the week. It was Elder and Sister Schutze from Germany and they were really nice and funny. Sister Shutze's english was a little hard to understand but they both had some really good stories. My President called me the night before we would have it and told me i would have to give a 15 minute thought for it, so i was a little bit nervous but it all went well. Schutze actually came up to me after and thanked me for it and everything and said he was inspired and learned a lot from it and that i have a gift for teaching, so it was kinda cool having a general authority tell me that. Maybe he was just saying it cause he has to be nice but i feel a lot better at that type of stuff than before my mission! His main topic was about how we need to be examples for the members and leadership here because the church is still young and still has a long way to go. There have even been some problems going on with our mission President, and even though its nothing really serious its still something that wouldnt be happening if we had a President from america or europe or somewhere. The culture here plays a big part in it. Schutze actually pulled a couple of us aside and talked about it though and just said we need to be patiente with it and try to help it out the best we can and that one day the church will be a lot stronger here and not have these problems. I really liked him though and he helped a lot. He actually was in the area presidency of Russia when Ryan was serving there

No comments:

Post a Comment