Monday, November 8, 2010

8/9 letter home

How´s everything going? Things are just about the same out here. I dont know if its because i am getting more and more accustomed each week or what, but it seems like each time i write i have less to tell you guys about. I guess the things that used to seem wild to me dont seem all that strange anymore but im sure that i will have a big wake up call right when i step off the plane and get home! Then i will probably be able to tell all the crazy things that go on out here.

But so anyways like i said, this last tuesday was our zone leaders counsel down in praia. My companion and I and one other companionship (other zone leaders) flew down together and we got there that morning. It was good to see the area that i was raised in out here, but we didnt have any time to go around and say hi to the people i know. The meeting started at 11 that morning and lasted until 9 that night. It was way too long and by the end my eyes were blood shot and i was about to explode! I learned quite a bit though. There have been some world wide changes in all the missions so we had to learn about all of those. Now there are different trainings that we have to give all the missionaries that are supposed to help with all the teaching and everything else we do. We will be teaching them to the other missionaries in zone conferences, but it will take until may to get all 8 trainings done so i will almost be home. We just learned the first 2 this last week. But some of the other things that are different is that president neves will be walking with us once every 3 months and also our zone conferences will happen once every 3 months instead of twice. We will also have zone counsel at the start of every month which means a lot more flying to praia for me. This training help a lot and i have learned a lot, but i am definitely ready to get out of zone leader and i hope that this next transfer will be my last. There are some rumors that some new islands that never had missionaries will be opening up within the next few transfers, so my dream is to just go to one of them and get away from everything besides just taking care of my own area!

We stayed the night in praia that night though in my old house, and as i was walking in that night a miracle home. I heard someone shouting my name from across the street and when i turned around i saw that it was carlos and gilmara, my favorite people there are out here! I was really wanting to see them but since our meeting went so long i didnt thing i would be able to. So it was awesome being able to talk to them and see them after being gone for more than a month. They are still doing awesome and they got married last friday and baptized on saturday!! They are for sure the pride of my mission and carlos will definitely be a big leader in the church here one day when they get a stake and a temple and stuff. I am hoping next time i go down to praia i will have time to see some of the people down there.

But so this area is going about the same, we are getting it a little better each time. We have a stud of a man named Luis in his 40s that we teach and he will be baptized in two weeks. He told us yesterday during church that at first he didnt really care about what we were teaching him but after he started reading the book of mormon it changed everything and now he has a strong testimony. He is a pretty quite guy but he keeps all of his commitments.

No comments:

Post a Comment