Monday, October 19, 2009

Oct 19- Letter home

This week was a really good week with our investigators. We now have 8 people with marked baptism dates and we have another one coming up this saturday. We should have a few more this next week too cause we just started teaching some new people and they are really doing with what we ask them to do like reading and praying. It is the best feeling ever when someone tells us that they have been reading and praying about the book of mormon and they tell us they know its true. I wish every lesson could be like that cause some of our lessons are extremely good but others just make me wonder what Im doing here. Some of these people are ligite crazy haha I hate to say it but people come up with some of the wildest things to say while we teach. We were teaching a guy last week and all the sudden he just started talking about the wildest things and asked if we could hold hands and pray. me and my companion just looked at each other then the thought came into my mind that he needed to stop drinking and smoking cause he is crazy so i taught him about the word of wisdom. Church was pretty exciting yesterday, 2 minutes before sacrament the branch president came up to me and told me i was speaking and i asked what on and he said just follow the spirit and it would be ten or 15 minutes. I was a little nervous to speak in port. but it actually went fine. I have also been giving a lot of blessing lately to sick people, its been cool. Well write back with more stories this week and I will hear from ya then. I love ya guys thanks for everything.> Love Elder lUke

No comments:

Post a Comment