Sunday, November 8, 2009

Nov 2, Letter Home

This week has also been a little hard cause my companion is really lazy, he is nothing like Elder Sequiera that I had before. We got tons of stuff done with him and he was really fun, but Elder Gonçalvez from brazil doesnt like to work a whole lot. He will be going home this next transfer so its just 5 more weeks that I have to deal with it. I will still make sure that we work just as hard as normal.

Elder Sequeira and I have this area going really good and have 10 people with marked baptism dates which is amazing, it still takes ton of work to keep them going to church and everything though so I hope they all come through and are all baptized. We have a baptism this Saturday, I am excited. His name is Jó and he is 17, he is already really strong in the church and goes to the seminary they have here and stuff. I think it will either be me baptizing him or a member named Edinho that is 20, either way it will be sweet. I guess you guys will know next week. Our other investigators are doing pretty good too, some require more work than others and sometimes we have to push baptism dates back, but I am in a really good area so its going well. The members help us out a lot and I love teaching with them, my favorite is Fredy, his mom cooks lunch for us and he teaches with us a lot, he is 20.

The weather here is cooled off a little bit but its still too hot, I still have to sleep with no blankets and a fan on me everynight. We had tons of rain a few days ago, in our area we just walk up little pathways up on the hill and it was raining so hard that when we came out of a lesson their was a river going down our alleyway about a foot deep so we had to find another way down. We have also been getting sand storms i guess from the Sahara these past couple days. It just kinda looks like smog in the air but orange, I dont really like it. I think the rain season is kinda stopping for the year now though but it should still be somewhat cool during the winter months but its still always too hot for me.

One thing is I think it would be best to switch my address to the
C.P. 420
Praia, Santiago
Cabo Verde
Then write via Portugual on it, you dont have to but I think it is a little more reliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment