Monday, November 16, 2009

Nov 16, 4 months out

Well I am e mailing a little later than normal because all the power is out in half of Praia so we had to walk up to the Plateau which is the downtown area and it took us forever to find a place to e mail. But so everything has been going pretty good this week but nothing too different happened. We were planning on going fishing this week but we didnt get anything for it in time so we are planning on going next week. My good buddy Rico who is a member about a year older than me is going to come with us cause he knows some good areas that we can go so I am really excited! He says you can catch puffer fish where we will be going and they also have lots of other types of fish and you can catch eels and stuff too so it should be different than what Im used to! Just walking around Praia there are always ladys carring fish around to sell so I see eels and giant tuna fish and everything. The other islands have a lot more sharks too and some of them have tons of Great whites I hear. When I serve on São Vicente I will be able to go the the island next to it, Santo Anão for P day too and you have to take a boat to get there and I guess you see dolphins all the time on the ship too so that will be cool. Alright sorry, I was just rambling on about marine life but Im done now. So our work is still going pretty good. We are still working with the people and getting them prepared for baptism. We were supposed to have the baptism of Zézé this week, he is about 20 and he is definitely ready but he had to go to the island of Fogo to visit his family this week so we had to postpone it one more week. We also have Fidelho who is totally ready too but his wife is extremely catcholic and she is a little hesitant about it and of course he doesnt want to go against anything she says so we are just being patcient with them. Their son Paulo is about 20 and we have been talking with him for a long time too. He says he doesnt feel ready even though he is doing everything we need to so we have been working with him a lot too. We plan on having a family home evening with them this week cause they have a big family and it would be really good for them we think. I love family home evenings, they are way fun and help the investigators out a ton. We will be having one at a members house this week and we are bringing Elmer and Zuleika, they are 17 years old and 18 and they have a baptism date too and they are awesome!

So most of the other lessons are going really good too. Its cool because they dont used the memorized discusions anymore, now we have 5 lessons to teach them from Preach my Gospel but we can teach it for how they need it and we can do whatever we need to do for each specific person. We dont have any order to teach in and we can teach with what we feel they need so it makes things go a lot better! For example, with Paulo we have been teaching him a lot to finding a response to know that the Book of Mormon is true and those lessons have been sweet!

Praia isnt the prettiest or cleanest or nicest area in the world... in fact I think its one of the worst but I really hope I stay here at least one more transfer and I wouldnt even mind 2 more which would be until the start of March. I have tons of good friends here now that are investiagors and members so its awesome being able to have help from them. Everyone is really supportive here with me, especially with teaching me Creolo cause they love Creolo a lot more than Portugues.

But so yeah this area is going really good. I always here about the other islands too and they sound really cool though so at the same time it will be cool to go to a different one! In Fogo you can see the ocean no matter where you are and if you serve in a city up top you are above the clouds and from some points can see all the other islands even though they are so far away. Praia is also extremely loud and people are always out doing something and I guess everywhere else its really calm and you can see all the stars cause its just little villages and stuff without city lights. So I am hoping to serve in Fogo next after here but we will just have to see what happens. It would be good to get a break from the city life though.

No comments:

Post a Comment