Monday, November 30, 2009

Nov 30, 2009

So not a whole lot has happened this last week. We have a couple new investigators that are doing really good... One of them isnt one you would really expect to be interested in the gospel but he is doing awesome! His name is Dí and he is about 22. He is a rapper and is actually really talented, he has a shed next to his house with his own little studio and he showed us some of his songs. He is actually kinda getting pretty popular here and is selling cd´s and everything... but its funny cause he has tattoos everywhere and dresses like a gangster and everything and all his friends are thugs, but he is really interested in our message. We picked him up for church yesterday and while we were waiting for him his mom came and talked to us and said it was the first time in his life that he had ever been to any church in his life, but he got all dressed up nice and he loved the meetings and wants to keep coming back. All our other investigators are doing good too, we have one that was supposed to be baptized this Saturday but they had an emergency in his family so we switched it to the week after. He is 17 and he is definitely ready to be baptized. We talk with his sister all the time too who is 18 and she is right behind him... and now their parents are starting to ask to have lessons with us and are reading the book of mormon together. They are a really close family and I could see the whole family being members one day! We are going to have family home evening with them tomorrow so that should go good.

Word on the street though is that I might be leaving this next transfer (next week). Its all just rumors now but what Ive got out of it is that I might be leaving my area but staying in Praia, which is not what I want to happen! I want to stay in our area a little longer cause I love all the people here, and if I do have to leave I want to go to another island. Nothing is official though so I will find out Saturday. I would miss all the people here though, Ive got people here that just feel like normal friends. We teach a non active member and his girlfriend and he is like my best friend... he cant even speak Port., just Creolo but everytime he talks to me he speaks in the english he learned from movies... things like "Whats up gangster" haha its funny. I will miss everyone here.

So yeah everything is going pretty good... its definitely the hardest thing Ive ever been through being here but its worth it and there are lots of good things happening.

Elder Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment