Sunday, July 18, 2010

May 17, Letter Home

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! It was pretty good but i didnt do a whole lot different. For lunch Elder Balls and Elder Coleman came over and we made fajitas for it and hung out... that was pretty much the closest thing we had to a party for the day. I also bought a giant swiss roll type thing and a coca cola that night cause i couldnt let a birhtday slide without cake and pop. I think those two from earlier are the only ones that knew it was my birthday and also my first companion of the mission found out cause he looked at my facebook. He is the one from Mindelo which is up in the northern islands and he ended his mission after my first transfer. He called me up that night though and wished me a happy birthday and talked to me a little bit which was cool, he is one of my favorite companions i have had so far. Well that is about it for the birthday and this week wasnt anything all that special. I dont hate my companion right now but at the same time, he isnt my favorite and i have kinda excited for the week to end to switch. Last monday he got mad at somebody over a really small thing so he wouldnt talk to anybody for the whole week and he is just barely starting too now, so its kinda annoying having a companion that wont even talk and then you have to be with him 24 hours a day. I am way excited for transfers and excited to find out what will be going down. I have no idea whats going to be happening with me but it will be nice to have a change. I love my area and the people here but i feel like there is only so much i can do. After walking all the same streets everyday 5 times a day for 4 and a half months it comes time for a change. I would say that i have a good 500 friends that i say from the streets just cause we pass them everyday. While we walk we greet the same people the whole time left and right. I will really miss the members and investigators here though, i will make sure to get pictures to send home to you guys of them. And speaking of pictures i sent all my pictures of my mission home on a cd along with a couple other things with Elder and Sister Larson who went home last week. They said they would probably be going to pleasant grove this week and they will call you guys up and give them to you. They are really cool. I cant really think of anything else though, we have 2 little girls we are baptizing this saturday and our zone leaders cousel tomorrow at the mission home and thats about it, besides that just normal work. Thanks for everything and ill talk to ya guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment